Pediatric dermatology is no longer just acne and eczema.
Started by a pediatrician with a vision to increase the understanding of diseases of the skin, hair and nails affecting children and adolescents, the last 50 years have seen tremendous growth in the field of pediatric dermatology. Both clinical experience and research have broadened our knowledge of the basis of many diseases and expanded our treatment options.
Inspired by her mentors, Drs. Paller and Mancini, esteemed leaders in the field, Dr. Melissa Abrams has medical training in both pediatrics and dermatology as well as experience in pediatric clinical trials evaluating cutting-edge medications.
She specializes in diagnosing and treating children with a wide range of dermatologic conditions, both common and uncommon. As a physician and parent, she recognizes that skin diseases can affect the entire family and strives to help children and their parents understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- Acquired and congenital nevi (moles)
- Alopecia and other hair disorders
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Blistering skin disorders
- Diaper rash
- Hemangiomas of infancy
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Skin manifestation of genetic syndromes and systemic disease
- Vascular malformations/birthmark (port wine stains, spider angiomas, pyogenic granulomas).